Consumers Are You Aware of This?
- Dangerous Shampoo
- Banned Medicines
- Diabetes Patients/Food habits
- Are you buying RO filter(Boiled water is not same as RO water)?
- Chinese Toys
- Buying Insurance
- Buying Mediclaim
- Organic Food
- Refined Oils
- Loans(Personal/Home/Vehicle/Gold etc)
- Credit Card
- Packed Fruit Juices
- Microwave Pop Corn causes cancer
You can bookmark this page by going to bookmark link in the bottom.
"Sodium Laureth Sulfate" has been
banned by Dubai government. It is actually a floor
cleaner. It is used so as to produce more foam.
The following shampoos contain this element:
- Body Soap
- Paul Mitchell
The following medicines are banned in "advanced" countries. But India is poor and corrupt country where human life is dirt cheap.
- D Cold
- Vicks Action- 500
- Beware of sugar-free products( like "Sugar Free", Sacralose etc) which act as replacement of sugar. They are all cancer causing ultimately. Only Stevia has no side affects since it is extracted from plants and South Americans have been using it for 1000 years.
- If you eat Burger, Pizza or bread items then it is same as eating that much amount of sugar.
- There are no laws in India to regulate filter standards. It means all of the RO's available in India are not fully able to remove bacteria/virus in water. Beware with RO's or any filter as due to problems in the water filter you may be drinking impure water and you may not know unless it is thoroughly investigated. My Aquaguard RO malfunctioned two times and we were drinking impure water both the times. Once the water valve stopped working and next time drain water got pumped within filter drinking water itself. Recently a study was done by a government department which found no water filter passes minimum acceptable standard in India but it was later suppressed by political pressures.
Those having children, beware almost all cheap toys contain high amount of toxic heavy metals like lead etc which when ingested by children causes low IQ and many other problems in varying amount. Yes never buy any Chinese good for children who have habit of sucking.
Never buy insurance from private players. Private players are always ready to reject your insurance claims for one reason or the other. This is not with LIC. LIC pays almost 99% of claims while private players give to only around 75% of claims.
- Always clearly mention all pre-existing diseases and problems before taking policy even though all pre-existing may be covered after 2,3,4 years of you policy.
- It is common gimmick for mediclaim and medical insurance agents that since all your pre-existing are covered after 2,3,4 years of continuous renewal of policy you need not take pain of even mentioning you preexisting diseases in the application form. Horribly even some private company employees are also doing this openly. Never trust them. Your claim will be stopped right on time for falsifying application.
- If you are 40+ or even 50+ take precaution that your policy does not get lapsed due to delay in renewal of your mediclaim. Do you know that if a person with age 50 forgets to renew policy on time, then it is like a lottery win for the mediclaim company since all through the young age this person paid the insurance premium when there was hardly any risk of hospitalization. And when the time of old age arrives and also time of claims then the policy is lapsed giving company tremendous profit from giving claims during old age.
- Preferably buy mediclaim policy from PSU companies only and I like United Insurance's better than other state players.
- Never buy "organic" food and vegetables in India. It'll contain even more pesticides than other food and vegetables. There is no law and time in India to punish people cheating this manner.
- Try to buy cheap rice, wheat and vegetables as they will contain less of pesticides and high grade fertilizers and chemical. It means buy dull looking tomato than a shining tomato.
I want to caution all those who buy refined oils like Saffola for better health but in the longer run (20 years) you'll be jeopardizing your health with these specially modified artificially generated oils.
Never take loan from private banks. Always take loan from PSU banks. I personally recommend SBI. PSU banks don't give home loan for risky properties but private banks do risking your own life long investment, in case you lose the land. PSU banks have full transparency and least greed in earning. I took personal loan from SBI @ 13% interest and paid back in full after 2 months without any prepayment penalty!
Try to go for a credit card which gives you 0 reward points. You save yourself from over-spending. Banks know very well that they will earn from reward points at the loss of over-spending by customer. Reject/close card above Rs. 30-50k credit limit. Try to use cash/debit card/netbanking for payments. If you must use it then try to use E-Card for online transaction. That is for using my HDFC credit card login I can create new credit card numbers for any denomination which I can use in internet. The unused sum automatically expires after a few days.
Another hidden secret is to lower you maximum credit limit to save you from frauds which sometimes are unavoidable. Write a letter to them saying that you've been fired from job and are in financial trouble and ask them to lower it. They'd happily oblige you
Beware that SBI Credit Card is managed by a private company and not by SBI itself. So taking SBI Card is not similar to availing other services from SBI.
If you carry over your credit amount in your credit card, first of all it's worst proposition since it costs you around 24%/annum. I was having Citibank credit card and given my good credit history it offered me 1.5% per month instead of 2%/month.
You buy branded honey! Do you know in the current world honey-bees are subjected to high dose of antibiotics to generate more honey and keep them disease free?
Their place belong to dust bin. They are more harmful than useful. They are boiled at high temperature to kill bacteria/virus so that packed juice does not decompose. You're drinking boiled juice with added sugar to your take with added negligible vitamins so that the companies can write on juice pack and impress you. It'd be much better to extract fruit juice in your home, cook it in your cooker at 110 ° Celsius, add sugar and serve it chilled!